Sunday, May 25, 2014

So Much To Do, So Little Time

With summer just around the corner, it seems all my projects are piling on top of each other. I know I don't have nearly as much going on as many of my writer friends, and I still don't know how they manage to juggle so many WIP at the same time. I bow down to them.

So what is it that I have going on at the moment? Well, I finished CampNaNoWriMo on a high note. Ended up completing the first draft of Dare to Dream, and then over the last month I completed the first self-edit and then sent out to my betas. (Over 330 pages and 4 lbs, it was pretty damn cool to see.) Ended up with 72,500 words. I'm incredible excited about this project, it has been a book 2 years in the making and I still can't believe I finally got it all down. Not only that, but while writing it, the stories for the other characters that will be coming in the series started to flow as well. There is a lot of work left to be done and I am bouncing in my seat to get my edits back so I can get my hands on it again.

While I'm waiting on Dare To Dream to come back, I'm working on revisions for Endless Nightmare. I realized while writing DtD that there is a lot of work to be done on EN. My POVs are all over the place and need to be refined. That is something that I am working on getting better at. No reader wants to be jumping around from head to head to head. So that is my big project right now, polishing that up and getting EN ready for the next editing phase.

Dreams in the Dark is also currently being mapped out. This one is giving me a bit of a hard time, but when it comes to anything having to do with Empusa, this doesn't surprise me. Out of all the books in my series, this one will be the biggest challenge to write, since Empusa is not like any other female...ever!

On top of that, it's Wickedly Twisted Tales time again. This time we are diving into the world of 1001 Arabian Nights and twisting it up our way. Take my story for example. I decided to rework The Sweep and the Noble Lady, and this particular version takes place in Midland, Texas. Cause really, when you think of Arabian Nights, you think of Texas, right? Hey, it's a twisted tale for a reason. I had such a blast creating a story for Hook and Tink that I could not pass up writing this time around too. Plus the fact that I am doing this with so many other amazingly talented writers sure doesn't hurt. Every time I read one of their posts, it makes me want to strive to be better.

So that's what I've been up to. I have deadlines approaching and so much to do. I like the pressure I put on myself though. It makes me strive to be better. Oh, tomorrow starts my Wickedly Twisted Tales story, so make sure you go on over and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment