Saturday, April 12, 2014

Camp NaNo Update

So, I'm two weeks into Camp NaNo and half way through with the first draft of Dare to Dream. The hardest part for me is treating the first draft of the book as a first draft. There are countless times I have to tell myself to keep moving forward and not go back and start editing. Let me tell you, there are some parts I want to do that on badly. I keep telling myself to think of this draft as the skeleton. I need to place all the pieces down and get the gist of what is going on, on paper, then when that is completed I can take out my favorite red pen and start adding to it and correcting. For me the emotion behind my character and certain scenes doesn't quite transfer from my head to the written word the first time around. Again, I tend to dwell on this too much. Creating a novel isn't a sprint, it's a marathon. And on that note, time to get some more word sprints in. See you on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment