Saturday, April 26, 2014

Another CampNaNo Update

Well we're getting down to the final stretch of CampNaNoWriMo, with just a handful of days left. As you know, I set my word count as 70000, and as of right now I have just over 6000 words to go. I can see the end in sight (well the end of the first draft anyway). This story has been sitting on my "to be written shelf" for so long I can't even describe the feeling of being so close to having it finished. While I know the actual book will take several more month to edit, rewrite, and polish, the hardest part is almost over. Since editing is one of my favorite things to do, I'm itching to get my red pen out and sending it off to my betas. I'm seriously trying not to bounce in my chair right now. Never give up on that idea you have going on in your head. Even if it takes you months or years to finally sit down and write it, take the time. It's worth the sleepless nights, aggravation, and tears you put into it. They're your words that need to be heard. You're idea that need to be shared. Never give up on your dream. As writers, we open our souls and our hearts with each word we write. While that might be a scary thought, putting yourself out there like that, it's worth it. Share your words and your endless imagination. Even if it's just one person that you end up touching, that's what makes it all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment