Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Thinking Like A Reader

Different ideas come at different times and sometimes it's not an idea but a lack of one. When I woke up this morning I realized that there was something missing from Endless Nightmare. The end was falling flat for me. So on my long drive to work I tried to piece together just what was missing and what I realized was, if I was the one reading this book I would be pissed and annoyed when I got to the end and not the good kind of pissed. It's one thing to leave a story with a cliffhanger, it's another thing to leave it with a cliffhanger and then put another book with different characters next and make a reader wait that much longer for the book that will continue the original story. Thinking as a reader, I don't think I would bother reading the next book when it came out. By then I would be detached from the characters. So with that in mind, I decided that Endless Nightmare needs to be book 2 and Dare to Dream: Nellie and Nathaniel's story needs to come first. Luckily for me I have already started writing that. This might put me behind my goals but I would rather do it correctly than mess the whole thing up from the beginning.


No comments:

Post a Comment